Felco, the worlds leading manufacturer of garden cutting and pruning tools have designed 2 models of secateur for left handed user.
No more do you need to feel physically impaired. Be proud to be a leftie. Carry your Felco left handed secateurs with pride!
A left handed models differs from right handed units as the cutting blade is located on the other side . This enables the free hand (right one) to hold what ever it is being pruned thus avoiding the need to cross hands over each other. (this can lead to a right pickle). The safety catch is also selectable by using the thumb. This is something you can not do when using a right handed secateur with your left hand.
Left Handed Secateurs – the models…………
|Felco 9||Felco 10|
|Felco 9||Felco 10|
|Cutting edge ergonomic design for left handed users. Angled cutting head reduces stress on hands joints and tendons. 1" cutting diameter. Suitable for medium to large left handed users.||As Felco model 9 but with the addition of Felcos rotating handle. This is especially helpful for those with arthritis or professional horticulturists whom need a constant use secateur.|
Both the Felco 9 and Felco 10 share the following impressive features that make these the best secateurs we’ve come across.
- Carbon steel blade. Exceptionally sharp and stay sharp for longer
- Light weight forged aluminium handles. Tough, durable and NEVER bend or snap
- Excellent safety catch that never comes loose. Handy when you keep your secateurs in your pocket
- Wire cutting notch. Great for when you need to cut training wires for climbing plants etc
- Cushioned shock absorber
- Lifetime guarantee
- All parts on a pair of Felco secateurs are available and replaceable.
Here’s some left handed facts to make yourself proud (and myself, I’m left handed and ginger)
- Left handers day is on August the 13th. Time to celebrate your impairment.
- When it comes to mano et mano lefties run the roost. Phil mickelson, Rafael Nadal and Oscar de la Hoya all lefties. Research shows because we only represent 12% of the population chances are right handed sportsmen and women do not practise against lefties much.
- Famous lefties include Leonardo DaVinci, Robert De Niro, Winston Churchill and my favourite, Albert Einstein.
Left handed secateurs from Felco will never let you down. Only by loosing them will you ever be without.
Not recommend, I ran over mine with a petrol lawn mower and they were totally unscathed. How may garden tools can you do that with?